Tuesday 11 January 2011

Picture it - on a Quilt!

"I'm cold, Mum" has been a familiar cry from my 12 year old son, so I decided to make him a quilt. I had a go last winter and make one for my daughter, so decided to do the same again.
But what do you do for a 12 year old?

 I decide to heat transfer photos of him over the last 12 years on to calico and use lots of blues (although you may see a green and yellow NCFC football emblem sneaked in!) to make it.

I am really pleased with the results - a photo to follow of  it finished in due course. So now both my children will have a lasting memory of their childhood.

Linda x

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the photos for your sons quilt. My youngest has asked me to make him one this year and I've been struggling to find enough 'male' fabric for him.

    Where did you get the photo transfer stuff? and how easy is it to do??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea! I hope he loves it for years and years!

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea to keep the memory! Pretty and done with love. Could I know how to do the photo transfer to fabric? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you with your thoughts :-)